- 3:00-6:00 Check-in
- 7:00-9:30 Dinner and Welcome
- 8:00-9:00 Breakfast
- 9:30-10:30 Opening Ceremony – Reiki Groups
- 11:00-12:00 Reiki Share or Retreat Time
- 12:00 -1:00 Lunch
- 2:00-3:30 Reiki & Mental Health
Part II: PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) – Kathie LipinskiIt’s natural to be afraid when you’re in danger. It’s natural to be upset when something bad happens to you or someone you know. But if you feel afraid and upset weeks or months later, it’s time to talk with your doctor. You might have post-traumatic stress disorder.
PTSD is a real illness. You can get PTSD after living through or seeing a dangerous event, such as war, a hurricane, or bad accident. PTSD makes you feel stressed and afraid after the danger is over. It affects your life and the people around you.
Kathie will share methods of working with Reiki to help those experiencing symptoms of PTSD
- 4:00-5:30 In-depth exploration of Reiki Ideals in Japanese and English – Patricia Miller WilliamsThe Reiki Ideals are the essence of Usui Reiki. They are the foundation of the system of Reiki. Listen to the Ideals spoken in its native language and learn how to pronounce them in Japanese and English. Connect with the energy on a vibrational level as well as through words.By delving into the Gokai / Reiki Principles or Precepts they will deepen your understanding of their significance and purpose. The Gokai can empower and assist you in strengthening Spiritual power by changing your thoughts and emotions that are inconsistent with your natural state of being. More now than ever before, the gift of Reiki is so beneficial in expanding our awareness and being in the present moment.
- 7:30-8:30 Pam & Don McMahon ConcertPam & Don McMahon love to love and they love to sing about love. The abundant love in our lives, beginning with our families of origin, extending through our co-created nuclear family and out into our global village, is the most precious gift we have received from the Source of All-That-Is.
We are all connected and our music is dedicated to awakening the experience of unity among all Beings. These harmonies are triggers to expand our awareness of who we are and what is going on in the deeper levels of our Being – on a Soul level – hence “Acoustic Music To Feed Your Soul.”
- 8:30-10:30 Dance or silly to serious talent show
- 8:00-9:00 Breakfast
- 9:30-10:30 Opening and meditation with William Lee Rand
- 11:00-12:00 Reiki Techniques – William Lee Rand
William is the founder and president of the International Center for Reiki Training. He is author of Reiki the Healing Touch, Reiki for a New Millenium, and The Spirit of Reiki, which he wrote with Walter Lubeck & ArjavaPetter.
William is senior editor of Reiki News Magazine
He will be presenting Reiki Techniques designed to enhance your Reiki practice.
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:30-3:30 Reiki share or free time
- 1:30-3:00 OR drumming with Michael Baird
Michael Arthur Baird has 23 years experience with Reiki and Shamanism and has originated the Reiki Drumming Practitioner Certification Course. He is an ICRT Licensed Reiki Master Teacher and a member of the Sound Healer’s Association. He is General Manager of Peace Place & Infinite Light in Sedona, Arizona.
Reiki Drumming - can be as simple as doing Reiki while drumming, but Michael explains that it can also go much deeper. Michael will explain the empowering difference between Shamanism and Reiki Drumming.
Michael will also lead you on a Reiki Drum Journey Experience
4:00-5:00 Reiki soul healing journey with Laurelle Gaia
Laurelle is an ICRT Licensed Reiki Master Teacher and Director of ICRT Teacher Licensing Program
Laurelle is a mystic, visionary, and spiritual healer. She receives her meditations and inspirations in visions from God, and the angelic realms. Although still connected to her Christian roots, she also resonates with the Earth, the Divine Feminine and the many aspects of the Infinite Creative Source, as the origins of illumination. She is author of The Book on Karuna Reiki and Be Peace Now. Along with Michael Baird, she founded the Peace Place & The Reiki Center of Sedona. Laurelle has been practicing Reiki for over 25 years. Laurelle has created and teaches the Reiki Crystal Healing practitioner programs.
Laurelle has been guiding retreat participants into soul level healing journeys for 16 years.
8:00-9:30 Gratitude ceremony with Colleen Benelli
Colleen Benelli is an Usui/Tibetan & Karuna Reiki® Master Teacher licensed by the ICRT. She is an associate teacher for the Lightsong School of Shamanic Studies, and creator of Reiki Lifestyle.
Colleen will present: The Reiki Gratitude Ceremony
“Just for today, be grateful,” is one of the Five Reiki Ideals. It is important for Reiki practitioners to notice and to spread thoughts of gratitude each day, because as each of us lives in his or her grateful heart, we not only create light within ourselves, but we also become a powerful collective consciousness of gratitude. Reiki amplifies the light of thanksgiving and invites the divine presence to join our circle.
Join Colleen in this beautiful Reiki Gratitude Ceremony, share what you are grateful for, and send the fullness of our collective thanksgiving prayer for peace to the entire world through the World Peace grids.
- 9:30-? Reiki share or retreat time
- 9:30-11:30 Closing ceremony with Pam & Don McMahon and everyone!
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
Agenda is subject to minor changes if necessary.
Silver Bay is 90 minutes from Albany, NY.
- Lodging at Adirondack Inn
- Check In : 3:00 to 5:00 Friday, August 31
- Check Out: Monday after Lunch
- Connections: If you are making airline connections, it is suggested that you plan your flight to arrive no later than 3:00 so that you will arrive in daylight and in time to check in for dinner. Alternately you may wish to fly in the night before the retreat (8/30), and travel to the retreat site at your leisure on 8/32.
- By Car from the South: Silver Bay is 90 minutes from Albany, NY. Take the Adirondack Northway (RT 87) to Exit 24 (Bolton Landing)*, drive east five miles to the road’s end at Route 9N. Turn left and drive north approximately 13 miles to Silver Bay. Look for SILVER BAY ASSOCIATION with the Y logo sign on the right, two miles past Sabbath Day Point. Turn right onto Silver Bay Road and drive onto the campus. Check in at the Silver Bay Inn. The Inn is located on the circular drive just north of the tennis courts. Check in is on the first floor on the South side of the porch. Angle park in the Inn circle while you are chcking in. You will be given directed where to unload and park your vehicle.
*Note that there is also an Exit 24 on the NYS Thruway you should follow if you are driving from New York City. Immediately after the toll booth at Exit 24, follow signs for Montreal/RT 87N/The Adirondack Northway.
- By Car from the North: Silver Bay is 15 minutes from Ticonderoga, New York. Follow RT 9N to Hague, New York from the Monument in Ticonderoga. Silver Bay is 4 miles from the town of Hague. Look for the SILVER BAY ASSOCIATION signs and the YMCA logo on the left past the Silver Bay Post Office and Silver Bay General Store. Turn left onto Silver Bay Road and drive straight ahead until you arrive on campus. Register at the Silver Bay Inn. The Inn is located on the circular drive just north of the tennis courts. Registration is on the first floor on the South side of the porch. Angle park in the Inn circle while you are chcking in. You will be directed where to unload and park your vehicle.
- By Air: Albany, NY and Burlington, VT airports are served by both commuter and major airlines, with connections from anywhere in the nation.
- By Bus: Buses from major cities stop south of Silver Bay in Lake George Village and Glens Falls, New York.
- By Train: Two Amtrak trains per day stop in Ticonderoga (20 minutes north of Silver Bay) year-round. One departing from Penn Station in NYC and one arriving at Penn Station in NYC. All trains stop at the Albany/Rensselaer station to travel north to Ticonderoga. NOTE: If you are arriving by train you must reserve a ride to Silver Bay from the train station. Call our office at 928-204-1216 with your itinerary by August 1 if you will need a ride.
- Click the purple button below to pay your full class tuition to register
- Call Silver Bay to choose your room 518-543-8833You MUST register with Silver Bay even if you are staying offsite as you will need a day pass to be on the grounds…so please call them immediately after registering for the retreat.
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.