Reiki for Projects and Goals
by Laurelle Shanti Gaia
It is a good thing that I am one who welcomes change. I was planning on writing an article entitled “Surfing the Dimensions with Reiki” for this issue of Reiki Healing News. I worked on it for several days, and suddenly I found myself “stalled”. Perhaps I became stuck between dimensions? (just kidding). All I know is I hit a block. I usually use Reiki to move myself through writer’s block, but this time it just wasn’t budging. Now I understand why.
Earlier this month I signed on as Spiritual Advisor for a documentary project that one of my friends is developing. I agreed to coordinate Reiki practitioners to send Reiki for several aspects in the production and development of the documentary.
As I began to ask people to “send Reiki to the project”, I started receiving questions like “How do I Reiki a project?” Now that I have received over 80 facebook messages asking the same basic question, I finally understand why the other article was blocked. The timing was not right.
The timing for this article appears to be perfect.
I have been practicing Reiki for 25 years and teaching for 20, and sometimes I lose site of the fact that there are qualities that Reiki offers us that we may forget about over time. Many of us fall into a routine practice. Regular practice is lovely, but trying new things and exploring Reiki’s limitless nature helps us learn, grow and heal on all levels. Reiki has been helping with planning, developing and creating projects and I would like to share some ideas and methods that have worked very well for me.
When we take on a new project, or establish a goal, there are so many aspects to consider. It is almost like putting together a giant puzzle, while we are still trying to understand what the final image will look like.
Below are just a few examples of areas in my life that I have used Reiki to assist projects and goals:
- Healing unhealthy relationship patterns and manifesting a healthy relationship
- Mentoring student Reiki Master Teachers as they become ICRT Licensed teachers
- Co-creating the International Reiki Retreat for 16 years
- Creating a healing center in Kentucky in the 90’s
- Developing my websites
- Selecting the best place to relocate our home (moving across country)
- Locating the right house
- Finding the right medical/healing practitioner for my family
- Creating a healing center in Kentucky in the 90’s
- Establishing and operating three healing centers in Sedona simultaneously.
- Attracting quality staff and practitioners
- Energizing the creation of books and CDS.
- Attracting funds to be able to continue the operations of the businesses during challenging economic times.
- And so on, and so on…
The process of working with Reiki to energize projects and goals is basically the same regardless of what the subject is.
Please know that the suggestions in this article are simply examples of methods that have worked for me. There is an infinite number of ways that we can work with Reiki to help bring our goals and visions to fulfillment. You may already have other ways that work for you, and you are welcome to share your suggestions in the comment section at the end of this article.
My friend Tara Golden has enthusiastically offered her documentary project to be our “cyber Reiki class project”. Here is a link that more fully describes “Why We Run” a documentary. Or copy and paste this into your browser http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/143590961/why-we-runpor-que-corremos-tarahumara-runners-of-m
Tara, a friend, videographer, documentary producer and Reiki II student was inspired by the book “Born to Run”. Through reading this book she learned of the Tarahumara indigenous tribe residing in Copper Canyon in Mexico. There are many things that are unique about these people. Most notably is the fact that they regularly run 50-100 miles a day (often barefoot). They live in a spectacularly beautiful part of Mexico. They were never conquered by the Spanish and many still live in cliffs and caves and maintain a deep connection with the earth.
The Tarahumara appear to be deeply spiritual people, who live a very happy, peaceful non-commercial existence. Many believe that doing good deeds is not to receive a reward in the afterlife, but to improve the quality of life on earth. Simply stated, Tara was inspired by these people and wanted to learn more. So she traveled to Copper Canyon to experience them for herself. When she returned the documentarian (is that a word?) in Tara had a new found passion. She wants to help the world learn more about them, “Why they Run?” and to create a bilingual and bi-country documentary film about the Tarahumara. She also wants to give back to the area and to all of Mexico through Reiki to help bring more peace to the country.
Let the Reiki Manifesting Begin!
With the help of Reiki energy flowing in the background, just as Tara was beginning to doubt whether she would find someone to help with documentary who is,bilingual and was not afraid to go to Mexico, the talented Denise Marie Stilley joined her. This two woman team will produce “Why We Run” together.
Step 1 – Gaining Clarity and focus
Tara remembered that in her Reiki Level 2 class we discussed Reiki helping with manifestation of goals. She asked to meet me to discuss the project and ways in which Reiki might help. In our meeting I realized that there is more to this project than creating a beautiful documentary. There is something special about the soul essence of the Tarahumara people, which can teach the rest of the world about peace and living in harmony with the earth. I too felt that there was something important that Reiki can do for Mexico, which may bring more peace to that area of the world. Then we discussed infusing the documentary itself with Reiki, so that all who view it have the opportunity to receive if they choose. So we agreed to work together.
In the initial planning Tara decided that a great time to film the documentary would be during the Ultra Marathon which pits the Tarahumara against the world’s top ultra runners.
We shared some ideas and began to formulate a plan involving facebook to get the word out about the project, invite Reiki practitioners to send energy and kickstarter.com as an avenue to reach out to the world for fund raising.
The initial vision/intention for the project is born;
Develop a quality documentary about the Tarahumara, which during the entire planning, filming, and editing process Reiki is flowing. Reiki will be infused within the documentary and flow to the Tarahumara, to all of Mexico and to everyone who views the documentary. Reiki will carry the essence of peace and love for one another and for the earth and all creation.
This is a great Reiki experiment and we would LOVE for you to join in!
Step 2 Identifying and Healing Blockages as they Arise:
It became apparent in the very beginning that this is not just about creating a beautiful documentary, but the process offers healing opportunities for all involved.
Then the healing began for Tara as you will see below in the excerpt from her entry from the “Why they Run” facebook group page:
Jumping off a Cliff- Dec 20,2011 by Tara Golden
The feeling I have today deep in the pit of my stomach is that I just jumped off a cliff and I have no idea what I’ll find at the bottom.
Starting this facebook group was my first word and commitment (what a scary word!) to the world that I AM going to Mexico in February and I am going to make a documentary about the Tarahumara runners.
The little voice reminding me that I don’t know Spanish, I’m not a runner and I don’t have any money is competing with another voice telling me to JUMP, and that I can do it.
I want to give you guys my creative soul. I want to create something amazing you are part of. I want to give you MORE than I get.
Step 2 – Healing the fears as they arise
When we begin any new venture, particularly one that we are passionate about, it is common for fears to arise. In Tara’s case she wondered if enough people would be interested in the video, and if she could raise the funds needed to produce it.
Often concerns such as these are just manifestations of our underlying issues of self-worth, and self-confidence. Our critical mind causes us to doubt our self. When this happens it is simply a signal that we are ready to heal these issues on a deeper level than we have accomplished in the past.
When fears surface we can begin to heal them with Reiki. Here is a process I use:
- First set a space for healing where you can rest comfortably. (low light, healing music, and perhaps a relaxing fragrance such as natural lavender oil, sandalwood, ylang ylang, etc). Fill the space with Reiki.
- Get in a comfortable position and take a few deep breaths and relax
- Use the power/focus symbol (CKR) to gain clarity and confidence to identify and “give voice” to the fear.
- State a prayer in which you ask, give thanks for, and accept healing of __________ (issue you are working on)
- Recognize that the fear is simply lower frequency energy residing in your consciousness and the mental and emotional energy fields.
- Apply the distant healing symbol (HZN), which connects us to the origin of pure consciousness. This is the place where everything that ever was, ever will be, or is now resides as energy. Let HZN locate the essence of the fear within your consciousness. (you do not need to intellectually understand “where” it is”.
- Next invoke the mental/emotional/harmony symbol (SHK)
- Place your hands on your solar plexus or any other area you feel guided to place them.
- Give yourself Reiki for at least 15 minutes.
10. Say a prayer of thanks for the healing that you received and acknowledge that the healing will continue into the future.
Do this every morning when you first awaken, and the last thing at night as you fall asleep. It is alright if you drift off to sleep while you are giving yourself Reiki, it will continue appropriately. 21 days is an ideal timeframe to do this and journaling during that time is helpful. If you don’t have 21 days before the project is completed, just work within the time you have.
During the 21 days other issues may arise that are related and all you need to do is add a statement about them to your prayer.
You will find yourself receiving inspiration regarding ways to draw the resources you need, things that you may need to change in your planning. When doubts come up, invite Reiki to help you move through them.
When I am working on a Reiki project I also seek out a qualified Reiki practitioner and receive regular hands on treatments.
Reiki for the Actual Project
At the same time that you are healing your personal issues, it is helpful to “send” Reiki to the project itself. If you know how to create a Reiki Crystal Grid for distant healing, you can simply add a healing request for your project to the grid. And/or you can do the following:
- In the case of the “Why We Run” project, you can simply go to the link online, activate the Reiki symbols of your choice and beam Reiki to the page directly.
- When working on your own projects, you use a similar method or perhaps, write a few paragraphs about your idea and intention for the project.
- Draw a picture of the components of the project, as well as the final vision as you perceive it in that moment. (you don’t have to be an artist to do this)
- Write a statement of gratitude for all who have come forward to help you.
- Place the written intention, gratitude statement and the drawing on an altar, or a special shelf you reserve for this project. Daily place your hands on these papers, invoke HZN, CKR and SHK and let Reiki flow as you hold a FEELING of gratitude in your heart.
- Let the energy flow until it stops (usually just a few minutes) and then offer a prayer of gratitude.
Handling the “bumps” along the way
As the project is unfolding, you may encounter a few times you feel you have been blocked, or that you are being redirected. Simply pause, get very quiet and ask “What is the best next step to be of service through this project in the highest possible way?” This opens you to discern new directions and perhaps expansion of the possibilities available to you. Then simply open and follow the natural flow.
Allowing without Controlling
Now simply do your best to “stay out of the way” of the energy, this involves simply letting go, trusting and allowing Reiki to do the rest.
So there you have it just one of a myriad of ways and ideas you can use to manifest your goals, visions and projects.
Again, please feel free to share your methods in the comments space below. We all learn from one another.
And please join the “Why We Run” documentary Reiki support team. We are part of the facebook group, and help us send Reiki to the entire project by logging in every day and beaming Reiki energy to the Kickstarter page. (on Kickstarter you can watch the results in real time as Tara gains backers and her funding grows as of this moment she has 36 backers and 198 facebook group members)
Financial donations are also needed to bring the project into reality, if you feel inspired by this, please donate on http://www.ReikiKickstarters.com every $1 helps.
It is my intention with this article, that the reader expand their awareness of the potential Reiki offers for physical, mental, emotional healing, and spiritual growth. For more indepth information and methods for incorporating Reiki into your life, please consider our classes. We offer training in beginning Reiki, Advanced Reiki, Reiki Master Teacher, Reiki Crystal Healing and Reiki Drumming. For more information please visit www.ReikiCalendar.com
Wishing you love, peace and infinite blessings,
Laurelle Gaia is the Director of the International Center for Reiki Training’s Licensed Reiki Master teacher program and co-founder of Peace Place the Reiki Center of Sedona, AZ. She is author of “The Book on Karuna Reiki”, “Be Peace Now” and many healing meditation CDs. To learn more about her classes and Karuna Reiki, visit reikiclasses.com